Travelling with a Toddler
As I’ve mentioned, we are about to head on our first real holiday with LP…to Vietnam! We’re going for 3 weeks, flying into Hanoi and our of Ho Chi Minh City and visiting a variety of cities in between…fun, fun, fun!
As well as the usual, clothes, swimmers etc these are the other fun things we need to take..
- Baby life jacket for the boat trips
- Toy backpack (as in backpack with toys)
- Backpack Carrier (as in the backpack the HH will carry her around in each day)
- Travel Port a cot
- Baby Panadol etc.
- Nappies, wipes, barrier creams
- RID and lots of it!
- Some food
- About a hundred dummies!
- Laundry soap bar
…and goodness knows what else we’ll add to this!
Our “cheap” holiday to Vietnam has incurred the following incidentals
- Port a cot ($150 – ebay!)
- Backpack Carrier ($170 – half price sale!)
- Passport for LP and renewal for me ($300)
- Visas for all of us ($200)
- Hep A and Typhoid boosters for HH and me ($230)
- New swimmers for me (it’s been 7 years! $185)
- Sandals for me ($75)
- Travel bag/Suitcase ($150 – half price sale!)
TOTAL: $1460 OUCH!!! That’s almost as much as the flights cost!!
(I am sure there’s more…and I haven’t yet counted all the nappies etc I still have to get…I don’t really want to think about it!!)
I am glad we are going for 3 weeks now!