21 Things I Know Today
1. I am not superwoman.
2. It’s not fair to get your period back so soon after having a baby. There’s enough to exhaust and overwhelm you without monthly hormones to “help”.
3. The Focus Booster is a great tool. Thanks Nicole.
4. I do have to work.
5. I don’t have to do everything I am doing.
6. I am made to work; I can’t help but do many of the things I am doing.
7. I am doing to much and I am struggling. This could also have something to do with #2.
8. Small Notebook is wise and her words are with me a lot at the moment. Just because I could do something, doesn’t mean I should. Can someone make me a poster for my wall? I need that reminder every day.
9. My daughter is a soft, kind soul. “I’ll make you happy Mummy” she said and proceeded to fart. Then she danced for me…” She was right. She did make me happy.
10. Blogging is relational and centered on community.
11. It only takes one person to change the tone of a community.
12. Sometimes I wish I didn’t believe so strongly in being home with my kids when they are young because it’s hard and I want to do things. I never thought I would struggle so much with wanting it all.
13. When my kids overwhelm me I want to walk away. Not for long, but just to breathe again.
14. Just because it’s your birthday doesn’t mean life stops – kids don’t sleep, people get sick. This doesn’t bother me the way it would have at 20.
15. I want a dishwasher and a cleaner.
16. My mother taught me to say I’d “like” something rather than “want” it for a reason. It was a good reason.
17. I’d like a dishwasher and a cleaner.
18. There are boundaries with everything. Not everything needs to be spoken.
19. I want to give my girl a hug. See #9.
20. I feel better – calmer, more centered, having written this post but…
21. Some things in my life need to change.