If you are new here you may want to find out more about me or subscribe to posts via email or RSS.
On a lighter note than my previous two posts, I’ve been interviewed! Guera from Roaming Aussie Mum did this a couple of weeks ago and invited people to be interviewed. The idea is that you ask a fellow blogger 5 questions which they answer on their blog, a more personal kind of me-me. I put my hand up, so here goes…
1. You have a gorgeous 9 month old baby girl. What’s been the most surprising thing for you about becoming a mother?
Being able to simultaneously love someone so much and be more frustrated at them than I have ever been at anything in my life before. Totally wasn’t expecting that.
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world (and money was no object) where would you go and why?
Gosh this is a hard one. I would love to go back to China and explore some more, if money was no object I’d go via Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos and back via India. Love South East Asia!!
3. They’re turning the story of your life into movie. What’s the title and the genre? (Borrowed this from Fairlie, I liked it so much)
The title and genre? Gosh, that’s a hard one. I can tell you that Kate Winslet would play me. Love her and love the kind folk who’ve said on occasion that I look like her (I don’t. But it was nice that people thought so.) The genre would be romantic comedy and the title…”How to be an awesome parent, like me! (HA!!!)”
4. How has blogging changed you?
It has helped me discover my addictive personality! It’s also given me an outlet that has been invaluable as I’ve adapted to this thing called motherhood. I have found it endlessly cathartic and have been amazed at this thing called an ‘online community’ – who would have thought? It really does exist!
5. Tell us your favourite book, movie and song and why they’re you’re favourites(Please).
Favourite Movie – Notting Hill, just because I love the ending! Along Came Polly would also be up there. Song – not a huge music person but I think “I still believe” by Jeremy Camp. I find it so inspirational and hope that were I to go through something as devastating (which I hope I won’t!) that I would be able to make this my anthem or at least my inspiration. Book – so many to choose from, um…
oh OK, just because I have to pick ONE, I am going to go with Down Under by Bill Bryson – it is laugh-so-hard-you’ll-snort-and-wet-your-pants-in-public funny. And informative too. Funny and informative. Awesome. Anyway, so do you feel you know me better now? Maybe…
Would you like your turn to be interviewed? If so,
* Send me an email or a comment saying: “Interview Me”
* I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions :) You can then answer the questions on your blog.
* You should also post these rules along with an offer to interview anyone else who emails you or comments that they want to be interviewed.